CHEMISTRY JOBS AT PHLOW CORP -Senior Associate Chemist, Manufacturing, Science & Technology (MS&T)
January 16 @ 8:00 am - March 1 @ 5:00 pm
Senior Associate Chemist, Manufacturing, Science & Technology (MS&T)
Location: Richmond, VA
To apply: please visit /https://www.phlow-usa.com/careers/
The purpose of this role is to provide process chemistry support to Phlow’s Continuous Manufacturing R&D lab. This is an exciting opportunity for recent graduates or individuals with process chemistry experience to independently design, synthesize, purify, and analyze chemical intermediates and target compounds under the direction of the Director, Process Chemistry or other team member. The candidate will support the CDMO business to ensure business objectives are met and for execution of the internal Phlow API development projects. The candidate will ensure excellence of our process development and technical transfer to Phlow’s partners or customers. The candidate will personify Phlow’s shared values and culture, both internally and externally. The candidate will work with the highest standards of safety, integrity, transparency, and ethics to create win-win scenarios for patients, customers, partners, and colleagues.
- Provide process chemistry support to Phlow’s Continuous Manufacturing R&D lab to ensure the deliverables to customer’s projects are met on time and on budget.
- Independently design, synthesize, purify, and analyze chemical intermediates, target compounds, and impurities.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and complete records of all experiments and observations.
- Author progress reports and present scientific results to team members.
- Exhibit a high level of safety awareness and conduct lab operations in a safe manner.
- Participate in the ongoing continuous improvements in manufacturing processes resulting in improving product quality, robustness, and cost.
- Collaborate with Analytical Chemistry, EH&S, Engineering, Project Management, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs to ensure strong working relationships with all partners and Phlow employees.
- 0-3 years working in related roles in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with common analytical techniques such as: HPLC, GC, NMR, UV, LC-MS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- S with 0-3 years of experience or B.S. degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related scientific field.
- Process chemistry and API manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Experience with generic API development, technology transfer, and manufacture is a plus.
- Knowledge of ICH and cGMP requirements is a plus.
- Experience with design of experiments (DOE) and related multivariate experimentation approaches is a plus.
- Experience with the development and implementation of continuous flow manufacturing processes is a plus.