CHEMISTRY JOBS AT PHLOW CORP -Senior Principal Chemist, Process Chemistry
January 16 @ 8:00 am - March 1 @ 5:00 pm
Senior Principal Chemist, Process Chemistry
Location: Richmond, VA
To apply: please visit https://www.phlow-usa.com/careers/
The purpose of this role is to provide process chemistry support to Phlow’s Continuous Manufacturing R&D lab. The Senior Principal Chemist will possess an in-depth knowledge of process chemistry skills for the development of synthetic routes for drug substances. The candidate will perform multi-step chemical syntheses and product isolation/purification operations in the laboratory either independently or as part of a project team. The candidate will ensure excellence of our process development and technical transfer to Phlow’s partners or customers. The candidate will personify Phlow’s shared values and culture, both internally and externally. The candidate will work with the highest standards of safety, integrity, transparency, and ethics to create win-win scenarios for patients, customers, partners, and colleagues.
- Provide process chemistry support to Phlow’s Continuous Manufacturing R&D lab to ensure the deliverables to customer’s projects are met on time and on budget.
- Independently design, synthesize, purify, and analyze chemical intermediates, target compounds, and impurities.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and complete records of all experiments and observations.
- Author progress reports and present scientific results to team members.
- Exhibit a high level of safety awareness and conduct lab operations in a safe manner.
- Contribute to the timely and accurate preparation of regulatory submissions.
- Participate in the ongoing continuous improvements in manufacturing processes resulting in improving product quality, robustness, and cost.
- Collaborate with Analytical Chemistry, EH&S, Engineering, Project Management, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs to ensure strong working relationships with all partners and Phlow employees.
- Minimum of 5 years working in related roles in the pharmaceutical industry
- A broad range of functional expertise in modern synthetic organic chemistry, compound purification, spectral analysis/interpretation.
- Experience with searching the chemical literature to evaluate potential solutions to synthetic problems.
- Experience with common analytical techniques such as: HPLC, GC, NMR, UV, LC-MS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- D. with a minimum 5 years of experience, M.S with a minimum 10 years of experience, or B.S. degree with a minimum 15 years of experience in Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related scientific field.
- Process chemistry and API manufacturing experience on multi-kilogram scale.
- Knowledge of ICH and cGMP requirements.
- Experience working for a contract organization (CROs/CMOs/CDMOs).
- Experience with technical and operational risk assessments (e.g., process robustness, mutagenic impurities, nitrosamines, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with design of experiments (DOE) and related multivariate experimentation approaches is a plus.
- Experience with the development and implementation of continuous flow manufacturing processes is a plus.