Join the ACS Younger Chemists Committee on January 22nd at 6:00 PM EST for a Webinar titled “A Day in the Life of a Graduate Student” with speaker Erin Joy Araneta. Erin will share on mental health, writing books, her research in environmental chemistry, and about the efforts being undertaken to encourage children and minorities in STEM.
Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYld-6urjsuE9IzGRHzJLaPHOiDTkU-u8s6
Governance Board Members
Ashley Tubbs: Chair
Carissa Hunter: Vice-Chair
Brandi Ford: Secretary
Ashley Armstrong Baz: Treasurer
Julian Bobb: Marketing and Communications Team Chair
Casey Laudadio: Membership Engagement Team Chair
Vacant: Events Team Chair
2023 ACS ChemLuminary Award Winner
Outstanding Local Section Younger Chemists Committee by the ACS Committee on Younger Chemists
Link to Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@ACSVirginiaYCC
Who We Are and What We Do
The Younger Chemists Committee (YCC) of the Virginia Section of the American Chemical Society serves the membership of the section by advocating for, and providing resources to early-career chemists and professionals in the chemical sciences and related fields.
- Its mission is to address the needs of younger chemists (age 40 and below) in the society by providing social, networking, educational, and professional development opportunities.
- We are devoted to the professional advancement of younger chemists in industry, government laboratories, undergraduate and graduate schools, and postdoctoral positions.
- We also strive to encourage young professionals’ involvement with community engagements activities.
Typical YCC Activities
- Industry and Government Lab Tours
- Brewery Tours
- ACS Virginia Mentorship Program
- Chemistry Trivia Nights
- ACS Webinars
- Career Talks & Workshops
- Networking Socials
- Community Outreach at the Science Museum of Virginia
Connect With Us
Chair | Ashley Tubbs
LinkedIn: @ACS Virginia Younger Chemists Committee